We men (at least most of us) are just like that. Maybe, scratch that, definitely, we don't destroy helicopters with a car. But we do take all that comes head on. We make a living out of making crazy look easy. Hell, we drive to office every day in Bangalore's traffic, don't we?
Still, men are the most used and abused species on this planet. Don't believe me? Check out my arguments:
- We work all through our lives and yet are called lazy. And yes, playing video games or pool is serious work.
- We for the cable, the TV and the couch but still are not allowed to watch any matches.
- We are required to take our women for shopping, approve their choices and then take the blame for them not fitting in the dress.
- We are deemed to have our brains between our legs.
- We are required to lower our eyes whenever a gorgeous specimen passes by. Even if its in a bikini. Damn!
- We are ....
Anyways, to give us men a chance to redeem our image in this world, we have decided to give ourselves a special day every year. Its the "International Men's Day". Celebrated on 19th November, it tries to observe the following broad objectives :
- Celebrate manhood and the wonderful positive and valuable contributions our men, young men, and boys make to our communities and to our societies
- Promote and Support gender equality, encouraging men to address responsibly and positively the challenges facing them in society
- Demonstrate strength of character and courage in meeting the challenges that men face in society and in contributing to building stronger and better communities, where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential.
- Highlighting positive male role models, not just movie stars and sports men but everyday, working class men who are living decent, honest lives.
And gals, give your man a break. Let him enjoy his life. Just for a day maybe. Take him to a good movie (which means no rona-dhona movie). Make him feel special, the way he makes you feel every day.
I, on my part, am going to watch all the four Die Hard movies tonight. Go on.. Make my day Bruce.
(Objectives and images courtesy IMD website)